


Rosalind's take on life .......... " Well first you are born and are little and cute, then you get older and get married and have kids, then the kids grow up, and then you shrink and then you die ... its just the circle of life Mom !!"



Well Tuesday December 28th was a surprising and busy day .... Jilly, Lisa and Erik over for dinner, Jilly to be spending the next couple of days with us and a new 10 year old cockapoo named Becky .... Wednesday a.m. mmmmm around 7 we got a call from Doug... he had a call from the nursing home who said that Mom was failing and they expected her not to last the day .. certainly not to last 2 days. So Doug drove to Mississauga from Markham and I went in from Kitchener .We got our Aunt Carol ( Mom's younger sister ) over to the nursing home and spent the last hours with Mom. She finally left us. She died 4:30 Wednesday afternoon calmly and quietly. We had spent so much time with various medical crisis over the past year that Doug and I had pretty much discussed final arrangements already but it felt so strange to be discussing them with Turner and Porter Funeral home ..... for real !! The funeral service was Sunday Jan 1 2011 and though it sounds really odd to say, it was a good way to start the new year. Moms last year had no quality of life and I find it hard to believe that she would have wanted this to go on.
I think the universe finally stepped in and kindly took her home. So many memories, she was the kindest, gentlest, most gracious person I've ever met and she was my Mom.


Dear Barb -- I'm crying while I type this--Lianne just sent me an email about Chris and your mom -- not the fresh start you wanted for 2011 -- I was struck by the photos with your mother and the girls -- she reminds me of my mother with her lovely white hair and bright smile -- a blessing for your girls to have known her -- I know I'm grateful that Julia had some time with her nana . I can relate to the journey your family has been on -- you mourn for a long time before -- and to have a calm and peaceful passing was such a blessing for our family -- I hope for yours as well.
ReplyDelete