Saturday, February 12, 2011

February ...soooo soon ???

Our little 'snow dog' - NOT

Last weekend we had crazy crazy amounts of snow fall.... so on Sunday, Rosalind, Lily ( our across- the- street friend ), Carolina, Becky ( small and cute cockapoo acquisition ) and I went to Weber Park sledding... well, Carolina came along as the camera girl and I came along to hold onto Becky's leash. One thing we found out was that Becky is not a snow dog !! She sat rather impatiently clearly waiting for the first sign of our leaving. Carolina had a few runs and then she wanted the cameragirl position which I was only too happy to relinquish. Rosalind and Lily were completely happy making the new run smooth and slick going increasingly faster down the hill.... finally declaring they had had enough ...then we all trudged home ... Becky bouncing in her happiness to be going homeward.


Snow girls - Lily and Rosalind

Mom - the trusty leash holder
Well its now February 12th and hard to believe 1/2 way through FEBRUARY. Yikes ... this year so far seems to be a year of strong events and situations....both positive and not so much.
The plus side of Chris's bladder cancer is that he is quitting smoking and for some reason decided at the same time to quit drinking coke ..... so between caffeine and nicotine withdrawal , he is having his challenges , as are we - with a somewhat grumpy guts. We don't find out any more about the cancer till mid March or a bit later when the lab results become available.
Mom's death is a deep sadness for Doug ( my brother ) and I ...even as we know it was a very good thing

Chris's parents continue to provide concern amongst Chris and his siblings over the proper care they require. I hope that will resolve itself before Spring comes and their Dad demands that they return to Maclaren. It is a difficult enough situation dealing with parents with Alzheimers and Dementia. I cannot imagine how that feels when the parents are resistant to having the kids looking after their best interests - the role reversal is hard enough !!

Doug took a week off to relax and go to Cozumel diving and had a serious dive accident. We are hoping that they find he's good ... doing lots of tests now. And he has his move to the new house this month ( once the move is over , this will be a good thing ).

I have recently learned of a colleague I worked with quite a while back who at 50 just died of lung cancer within a month or 2 of being diagnosed. Another colleague and client just lost her Dad. Another friend just returned home after a skiing accident left her in a cast for probably 3 months, and an ex sister in law had an accident and seriously damaged her leg also. Just a funny long and continuous train of bad news ....so weird but it seems as if we all have so much to deal with .
On the plus side we have Chris quitting smoking. HUGE positive

And a most adorable cockapoo who has quickly wormed her way into our hearts and the household and is a real joy ! Even the cats have accepted her.


We have a week to go until we have our mini vacation at the Great Wolf Lodge ( my Christmas present to the family )...which we are all soooo looking forward to and I think need desperately.


I have had an excellent excellent week of challenges ( positive, very positive ) at work topped off by Power Day on Friday ...where there was a draw for all who participated in the day and I WON - How cool is that - a $1,000 getaway to Niagara Falls ... this could be the replacement for the romantic getaway that didn't work out so well last year because I got so sick (It went on record as being the least romantic vacation EVER). Thank you Universe and thank you Keller Williams - it really is a great day at Keller Williams !!!

We have organized food responsibility nights so everyone has 2 nights ( except Chris who gets 1 night) when they get to come up with the menu for dinner and help with preparing and clean up... its working not too badly. Another little stress buster for me.
I am feeling energised and organized at the office and a lot less stressed about being less so at home. Truly despite the rough start, this feels like a kick ass year !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment