
Time for a romantic weekend away again ...where to go, where to go - we decided on the worlds' favourite romantic spot : Niagara Falls. I won't dwell on the romantic aspects of the weekend except to say that it was without a doubt the LEAST romantic getaway we've ever had or hope to have.
The reason for this being that I was suffering from a very nasty cold which was working very hard at turning itself into bronchitis !!! It was all I could do to stand upright and smile !!!
The reason for this being that I was suffering from a very nasty cold which was working very hard at turning itself into bronchitis !!! It was all I could do to stand upright and smile !!! Nevertheless there we were in lovely drizzly Niagara Falls for the weekend and determined to salvage something from the trip .... one doesn't rent a room at the Falls to be sick and stay inside. We bought the requisite t-shirts for the girls and went to the wax and historical museums and to the IMAX theatre where we saw the movie about Niagara which included all the folks who found it necessary to go over the Falls.
I am sorry but I cannot, absolutely cannot, figure out WHY someone would give going over the Falls a first thought never mind a second serious thought. The river above the falls is terrifying enough ( just look at the pictures ). The wildness of the river continues like this all the way upriver to the bridge ( about 15 - 20 km away maybe).
What can one say ... it was a weekend away ...one I probably would have preferred to spent in bed drugged to the gills and hopefully sleeping away the nasty bronchitis ( and I am sure Chris would concur with this assessment)
The girls had a fantabulous time at home with their favourite babysitter, Chelsea, all to themselves and for an entire weekend !!! Nails were painted, hair was done and redone and heaven only knows what else. Getting rid of the parents can be an ok thing, it seems, from time to time and they do get neat t-shirts out of the deal too when wayward parents return home.

No comments:
Post a Comment