Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Goodbye my Lesage Piano !!!!!


I am giving away my little Quebec- made Lesage piano on Monday next. This piano has been with me since the early 90's , travelled out west to Vancouver for three years with me and back and moved within Kitchener several times since. Unfortunately its main use for the past number of years, and I say this with great embarassement, has been mainly as a piece of furniture. I would still keep it if we had a nice little place for it but the fact of the matter is ... we do not. I am sure now that I've made that decision both girls will take up piano as a serious interest and possibly become concert pianists ... that is the way these things work is it not ?


Back in the days when the boys had left home and I was single, I got great enjoyment out of playing but with a serious, full-time relationship and then the arrival of two little girls ...life just got soooo very busy that the only time to play would be when everyone is sleeping ... not a great plan.

The good news is that its going to Scholars Hall - the girls' school - where I am hoping it will enjoy some good and regular use.

No comments:

Post a Comment