
Thank you Lianne for introducing me to this song in 2002 and reminding me of it again in 2010 .... it was my waiting for Rosalind song that winter while we all waited for our referrals to come and our journey to our baby girls and to becoming Forever Families to begin. For some reason this week I've been thinking a lot about that fall and winter ... I must have played this song a thousand times back then.
And then on a bright sunny winters day in mid December , what we had so anxiously been waiting for arrived .... a package with pictures and a phone call from Childrens Bridge.... our darling girl was in Anhui province and we were going to China in March 2003 to bring her home . I drove up to St Jacobs where Chris was working that Saturday so we could open it together .... there was no way that envelope could sit there unopened till he came home that night !!!! I don't remember ever crying so much ....such happy tears, until that moment whe
n we met her for the first time !!
n we met her for the first time !!
Merry merry Christmas McGrath family!!!! (Love your Song for a Winter's Night post, Barb!)
ReplyDeleteHope you all had a splendid holiday. Hop over to my blog for a loooong update on ours.
Lianne
xoxox