And so it begins..
Carolina of course had her own ideas on where the Christmas decorations should really go so there was some reshuffling of decorations and some changes in Santa collection placements.
OK - yesterday was December 1. This year I decided enough of the advent calendars with the chocolate stuff that isn't really chocolate but wax. This year I got the girls Pet Shoppe Advent Calendars. I know I know, NOTHING to do with Christmas really except as buildup to the big day and a chance to talk about what Christmas truly does mean.
The excitement when I pulled out these unexpected calendars was high - I made the girls wait till Monday to even take off the plastic covering on the boxes. Then yesterday - day 1 - we got to see the first little Pet Shoppe surprise behind door no. 1. Today door no. 2 had a cute little knit hat for whatever Pet Shoppe creature emerges at some point this month.
Today the Christmas stuff' all came out of hiding in the basement and the Santa Claus collection and all the door hangy things and wreaths and candles were all set up throughout the house. I even managed to get one of our trees in the front yard covered in lights ( though the vote when Chris and the girls got home was that I needed to put on another string - so obviously NOT covered enough in lights ... guess thats tomorrow's job ).
The excitement when I pulled out these unexpected calendars was high - I made the girls wait till Monday to even take off the plastic covering on the boxes. Then yesterday - day 1 - we got to see the first little Pet Shoppe surprise behind door no. 1. Today door no. 2 had a cute little knit hat for whatever Pet Shoppe creature emerges at some point this month.
Today the Christmas stuff' all came out of hiding in the basement and the Santa Claus collection and all the door hangy things and wreaths and candles were all set up throughout the house. I even managed to get one of our trees in the front yard covered in lights ( though the vote when Chris and the girls got home was that I needed to put on another string - so obviously NOT covered enough in lights ... guess thats tomorrow's job ).
Carolina of course had her own ideas on where the Christmas decorations should really go so there was some reshuffling of decorations and some changes in Santa collection placements.
This weekend we will get the tree and have our big tree decorating festivities. This will be a busy weekend for us. Friday night we have the Christmas pageant to attend at Bethany Church - they do such an awesome job every year and have live animals ( for real life - as Carolina would say ). Saturday morning I have a Christmas event with our clients at the office and Rosalind has her riding lesson in the afternoon. Sunday we have Chris's office Christmas party first thing in the morning in Toronto ( they do a really nice breakfast event ) and in the afternoon I have an open house to hold for one of my listings.
Yes, so it begins ...somehow in December the pace increases and the time decreases and the month is an absolute race to Christmas !! But it also seems there is time to stop and reflect and enjoy the wonder the kids always have with the first snowfall, the trip to see Santa, getting together with the cousins, and getting out the toboggans and shovels for the first time. I love the chance/ excuse to watch the old Christmas movies - Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th St, Its A Wonderful Life, The Bishops Wife, A Christmas Story, White Christmas, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, A Christmas Story !!!!! S'wonderful !!
No comments:
Post a Comment