Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Escape .........




This past weekend Chris and I escaped to Bear Trail Inn - Couples Resort. Erik and Lisa ( bless them !!!) took on the girls and Mike and Frances took care of Chris's car ( he is working in Toronto now or should I say again ) so we rendezvoued at their place and took my car up to the resort. It was an incredible weekend . I hadn't really realized how tired we both were ....lots of napping etc, well you know, etc ........
Because we were repeat customers ( we had gone up there back in 98 or 99 ) I got a free spa treatment !! How cool that was. Saturday night is a dressup night for dinner - the atmosphere is quietly sophisticated and the food was awesome. And the desserts - sigh !!!!! They had a raspberry cheesecake that was just amazing. We took our desserts back to the room and had them for breakfast - well that is before we had breakfast each morning we started with dessert. The list of activities is sooo extensive - dog sledding, snow shoeing, ice fishing, the spa , horse back riding etc etc. The rooms have a jacuzzi and a wood burning fireplace and are soooo comfy you just don't want to leave .



We walked across the lake - that was it for exercise - no wind and a warm winter day - all that fresh air - hmmm time for another nap ??


Getting away from the regular routine was so fabulous -- we need to do this again !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice tub!! I could drink some wine in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah - we did and went crazy with the bubble bath too !!!

    ReplyDelete