
All last summer and so far this year, the girls have been collecting and looking after snails both from our garden and from our neighbours' - Bob and Kathy. They have captured them and put them in snail containers and played with them and fed them spinach and lettuce. So this year when the snails as pets idea re-emerged, I thought I'd be helpful and get some info from the internet on how to properly look after them.

I printed off some good info and gave a copy to Rosalind to read. Since then, the quality of care has declined to a scary level. I live in fear that the Humane Society will arrive to check into complaints of snail abuse.
The lesson I think is not to overthink your childs interests. Don't get too sophisticated with their fun !!!!! Now I want to set up a snail aquarium ... the girls of course have no interest , they've moved on ...........................
No comments:
Post a Comment